December 27, 2004

New Year's Resolutions

My New Year's resolutions: 1280x1024, 1600x1200 and 2048x1536.

Kidding, just kidding. While I do have three New Year's resolutions, those are not it.

First: I resolve to maintain and improve my programming abilities. Over the last fifteen months, I've proven that I can design and code on a deadline and with a high quality bar. Over the next year, I intend to work on filling in the gaps in my programming knowledge as well as improve my time estimation skills.

Second: I resolve to maintain my ethical standards. During my last year at Microsoft, I let my standards slip a bit because I was so burned out I just didn't care anymore. I can't let that happen to me again...ever. When it happens, it not only affects me, but it affects my projects and everyone around me.

Finally: I resolve to be more outgoing. I'm a bit of a recluse by nature, but I'm moving to a new state where I know nobody. By being more outgoing, I can start to weave a new safety net of friends that I can fall back on for moral support.

No comments: