I was in Japan and South Korea from October 1 through October 13. Another individual working on Electric Eye was in China October 14 through October 21. We were on site at our partners ensuring that the multicore rewrite that we did over the summer worked the way that it should. A couple of minor bugs surfaced on site, including an interesting one where a S/PDIF renegotiation caused our audio interfaces to no longer receive audio. We're both currently fixing the final spat of issues that surfaced from this trip.
On November 3, we're releasing the code to one partner here in the Bay Area. This is a bit of a trial run to ensure that there's nothing egregiously off about our code.
Once we've gotten final feedback from our local partner about the code, we can resume working with legal to get the code released.
Sorry about the delay. On the upside, we're going to be supporting several more webcam models as part of the release. If you're trying to prepare for the release, I can provide you with system requirements...
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit or above with all Windows Updates installed
- Intel i5 2.6 GHz processor or better, or the AMD equivalent
- 8GB of RAM or more
- OpenGL 3.2 compatible video card
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 3
- OS X Yosemite or El Capitan (macOS Sierra not yet supported)
- mid-2014 MacBook Pro or better
- Xcode 6.4
- One of the following cameras (affiliate links)
The Linux version isn't ready to go yet, and there are two chunks of code that we won't be able to release that won't impact general usage. However, those should not stop the release.
Will share more once I know more.