December 28, 2004

Katamari Damacy

I picked up "Katamari Damacy" for the PlayStation 2 during my lunch break yesterday using my Christmas bonus gift certificate from the city.

Essentially, the purpose of the game is to roll a ball over items of increasing size until your average diameter is over a certain size. The larger you get, the larger the items are that you can pick up. Eventually, you can start picking up animals, people and buildings.

I meant to play it for about an hour. I nearly stopped after ten minutes because of the music in the tutorial room. However, once the tutorial room was finished, I kept playing...and playing...and playing...and playing...and playing...

I finally finished after about five hours. Actually, I guess I should say that I forced myself to stop. My goal was to make my ball twenty meters in diameter. When I was done, my ball was forty-two meters in diameter. I was rolling up boats, houses, construction equipment, elephants, swordfish, smokestacks, you name it.

"Katamari Damacy" is rated E for Everyone, but just a small warning to parents: once you see this game in action, you will believe that drugs were involved in the creation of the game.

No comments: