March 25, 2007

Problems--;

Well, I've finally managed to work out some of my hosting troubles. Turns out a reinstall of .NET 2.0 happened on the server which whacked out some of my .NET 1.1 applications and caused some cascading folder issues, so at least some items (including the future USEMP site) are now working the way that they should. I just need to finish plugging in the last couple of items of functionality and it should be good to go.
USEMP Logo
Plus, since that got fixed, so did the last roadblock on hosting the "Ranters" site.

Finally, I've got my first major public project going live at work this week. I'm a little nervous, but testing has been going smoothly so far. Code coverage is at 100% on my side of things, now just waiting on coverage on our partner's side.

It's a bit freaky. This is the first project ever that I've hit 100% code coverage testing on. For most games, you're lucky to hit 80-85% code coverage. That's partly because of how difficult it is to hit some corner error cases, partly because code just gets disabled rather than deleted.

Code complexity isn't going to be going away any time soon. The question is will development practices and testing methodologies be able to keep pace?

No comments: