November 4, 2004

Disappointment...

Well, my vote for governor was for naught, but that's okay. However, I am highly disappointed in Utah and the other ten states that voted to narrowly define marriage and eliminate the possibility of legal stature for similar unions between gay couples.

At least in Utah, the "Yes on 3" campaign was a self-righteous facade of half-truths. As a result of this ruling, I expect several Utah companies that offer domestic partners benefits to retract their offer, using Amendment 3 as their legal backing.

Isn't it funny how discriminating against someone because of their color is illegal, discriminating against someone because of their religion is illegal, discriminating against someone because of their gender is illegal, etc., but you can now legally discriminate against someone because of the gender they choose to sleep with?

I'm not gay, but I have friends who are, and stuff like this makes me want to leave the state.

No comments: