December 31, 2006

The "Reliable" U.S. Mail

Starting in September, I started having issues getting my mail reliably. My wife hasn't...just me. She even noticed my name removed from the little slip of paper on the inside of our mailbox. I guess one of our three mailpeople doesn't like me. It wouldn't be so bad, really, it if wasn't what I wasn't getting.

I haven't been getting several of my bills, but all of my junk mail has been arriving. As a result, I've had to pay several late fees because I'm one of those guys who sends in the bill when it arrives, and if I don't get a bill, I don't think about it.

Of course, that's a bit difficult to do now because I still haven't received my first paycheck, even though it was mailed from inside Dallas several days ago. Now the earliest it can arrive is Wednesday because the Post Office won't be delivering any mail on Monday because of New Year's Day, and no deliveries on Tuesday because of the state funeral for Gerald Ford.

Now watch my first Google AdSense check get "misdirected" as well when it ships out in February...

No comments: