July 5, 2007

Get Yer XNA Engine Here!

The number one search request on this site right now is "XNA Engine," so here you go.

"Torque X" has been released. While the source release costs money, there is a binary-only version of the engine that includes documentation, tools and sample code.

I'm still evaluating it so I can't tell you how good (or bad) it is. I can say that it is one of the more complex managed-code engines under the hood, but with good reason. Making an engine is hard. Making a crossplatform engine is harder. Making a crossplatform engine where runtime allocations can kill your performance on one of the platforms definitely sucks.

If you've used Torque X at all and want to share your feedback, this is the place to do it.

1 comment:

Sarkie said...

Yeah I downloaded it the other day, saw a link on letskilldave.com, but I too haven't had chance to mess it.

I shall report back :)