June 1, 2007

Under the Knife and Under the Gun

On August 30 at 6:30am, I'm scheduled to have surgery to correct my nose problems. They'll be doing a septoplasty and turbinate surgery.

I could have had it scheduled for earlier, but the next six weeks are a period of major development at work. We're shifting from a "one-and-a-half" tier architecture (not quite as bad as this, though) to a pure three-tier architecture, adding in multicurrency support, shifting to using Windows Workflow Foundation for our extended duration workflows, and all in all rearchitecting a lot of the cruft that has built up over the last few years.

Now, I know I've been neglecting this blog over the last two months, so I'm going to try to make it up over the next six weeks. I'm going to try to do one post per workday talking about the progress that has (or has not been made), talking about the lessons learned working with this technology, and possibly sharing code snippets as well.

I'm also working on some code samples at the moment to post related to XNA. One that I'm putting the finishing touches on right now are how to load your assets on a seperate thread, as well as run your game logic on a seperate thread. Where possible, the code samples will be posted in both VB.NET and C# versions.

Thank you for your patience with me, and stay tuned.

No comments: