June 21, 2007

Ill-Gotten Gains

I watch Technorati to keep up on who is linking to my blog. It also inclues a handy meter and summary page which I rather like.



Over the last couple of weeks, my rank has skyrocketed from around 190,000 to around 50,000...but there's one problem with that. It's not going up because of me.

Back in January, I was one of Blogger's "Blogs of Note." Recently, some hardcore blog spammers have started including links to "Blogs of Note" in with their spam to not only make it harder to automatically detect the spam, but to make it look like their posts are linking to other appropriate places.

So in this case, I'm getting something I don't deserve. My previous legitimate peak was around 80,000. So if I've passed you because of these schmucks actions, I apologize. I'm not trying to...I'm just getting dragged along for the ride.

1 comment:

Sarkie said...

From 190,000 to 50,000 Yeah Skyrocketed mate :)

GIGO