June 11, 2007

Day 06: Productivity Strikes

Today was probably my most productive day in awhile.

By 10am, I finished up the discount system.

By 10:30am, I found a contractor who could do what we needed him to do at a reasonable price. He starts tomorrow.

By 11:30am, I finished initial coding on four new web services for an external partner.

By 1:30pm, I finished the cart page and the cart portion of the checkout page.

By 3:00pm, I fixed a goofy bug with an older web service where members who had status changes weren't having that information propogated out to external partners.

By 4:00pm, I finished the web services and their unit tests.

At 4:45pm, I published a build to our development environment so our external parters could work with the new web services prior to them going live.

In the middle of all that, I managed to fix seven bugs, and I bookended it by reading 160 pages of "Windows Presentation Foundation Unleashed" during my commute. It starts out damn slow because it has to establish a lot of new ways to do things, but I'm glad it did because things are now beginning to "click."

No comments: