December 9, 2011

Amazon.Rom

Yes, the title of this post is a bad pun.

I've accepted a position with Amazon.com in their Digital Products division starting January 9, 2012.

I won't know what projects I can't continue working on until that date, but I'll be hard at work until then trying to keep my projects as up-to-date as possible.

As you may have noticed, I've blogged very little about my current place of employment over the last five years.  I'll probably blog even less about Amazon, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Also, if you consider yourself a senior level C#/ASP.NET developer who is looking for some hands-on management experience and you already live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, go here and apply.

Update 12/10 10:12am: I'm going to be moving to Seattle as well.  My last full day here in Dallas is January 6, 2012, and my wife will be following a couple of weeks later.  I also clarified the type of development experience that I'm looking for in whoever replaces me.  That should answer the questions that have been hitting my mailbox the most.

Update 12/22 9:40am: Updated application URL.

7 comments:

Andrew Timson said...

Congratulations. :)

Mikey Babs said...

thank you very much for your continued work on the eyefinity resolutions. i was able to see the eyefinity resolution show up within the game however after i set it to it within terraria it crashes immediately after... the same thing happens when i set the resolution within romterraria app

Mikey Babs said...

follow up: anything above 2400x600 crashes with eyefinity resolutions, and when its set at 2400x600 there is invisible area on the top and bottom of the game area...

Michael Russell said...

Mikey,

Do you have a copy of the stack trace?

Mikey Babs said...

how do i get a copy of that? I'll send you it if it helps...

Michael Russell said...

Mikey,

Update with the latest version.

Run the app.

When it crashes, go into your My Documents\My Games\Terraria\Stack Traces folder.

Open the text file and post the comments on this blog post:
http://romsteady.blogspot.com/2011/12/minor-romterraria-update.html

Mikey Babs said...

[System.InvalidOperationException] A previous Draw call threw an unhandled exception. See InnerException for details.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at RomTerraria.Program.Main()