October 20, 2004

Electronic Commerce Demonstration Results

Today, I demonstrated our Electronic Commerce system, and regretted it. Not because of my code, mind you. My code worked the way that it was supposed to. I had been testing against PayPal's Developer Sandbox for months in preparation.

However, something always goes wrong. The demonstration was supposed to go against the Live server. It did. However, the gentleman in Finance responsible for properly configuring our PayPal account settings...did not.

As a result, a lot of my own money is currently floating in limbo until next week. I don't mind, though. My code is solid enough that it will come through without any problems. I just hate it when I can't double-check the work of others because they happen to be out of the office during the demonstration period.

No comments: