October 13, 2004

Davis/Weber .NET Users Group?

(Before I start, I just wanted to let you know that I can't believe what I'm about to do...hell, I left Microsoft of my own volition just over a year ago, but I figure this is a good place to start.)

I'm still rather connected to the .NET developer community. I write articles on occasion, post bug reports, attend the user group meetings, etc.; in other words, even in my post-MS life, I'm still a Microsoft geek.

The Utah .NET User's Group used to meet out at the International Center, and while that was a bit out of the way, it was about an equal distance between Davis and Utah counties, so it was a decent middle ground.

Now, the .NET User's Group is meeting in Sandy at Northface University, and the doors are locking at 6pm. Now, I'm working as a developer now, and I know how hard it is to get out of work by 6pm, let alone go from Layton to Sandy AFTER work by 6pm.

I've been in discussions with a few people about creating a "Northern Wasatch Front" splinter user group that would meet in the Layton/Clearfield area. We'd take the developers north of Salt Lake City; the regular group would take the users to the south.

The catches:

  1. We would need a regular place to meet. I'm pretty certain I can make arrangements for that.
  2. We would need people to run it.
  3. We would need people to attend.

So, if you are a .NET guy/gal in the Davis/Weber area or if you know of a .NET guy/gal who would be interested in running a group or just attending a group, please let me know so I can forward the information to the right person.

Also, to accommodate those people who would like to attend both, we'd have to come up with a meeting date/time that wouldn't conflict with the Sandy meeting.

So, any thoughts?

No comments: