October 2, 2006

[Personal] Friends

Sometimes, a weekend of quiet introspection can be a dangerous thing.

This weekend, I spent a lot of time coding, testing Windows Vista, and unpacking. Somewhere in the midst of all that, I realized that I hadn't actually gone out and done anything with people I could consider "friends" since I moved here last January.

For the last 21 months, my life has consisted of work, coding and games. That's it. I thought leaving my family behind in Utah would be hard, but I never thought that the loss of my social network would be the hardest thing to hit me in Dallas.

So I guess it's time for me to try to build a new social network in the Dallas area. I figure I'll start by meeting up with some fellow gaming geeks on October 14 at Half-Price Books.

After all, games are more fun when they're played with someone else.

1 comment:

Sarkie said...

and better when you are winning.