October 18, 2006

[Miscellaneous] Random Items of Little Interest

Now that the wife is behind bars, I can get back to the meat and potatoes of this blog...random items of little interest.

Congratulations to the crew at Obsidian Entertainment for going gold with "Neverwinter Nights 2." I had a long talk with several of the guys back at A-Kon 17 when I spoke on a panel with them regarding the trials and tribulations they've gone through during the development of NWN2, so I can sense the relief coming from them now that they've started duplication. Of course, they won't get a real break until after the press tour, but such is life...

My first D&D session in nearly three years is going to be taking place this Sunday. It's supposed to be a seafaring adventure, so I guess it's a good thing this crew doesn't use a "point buy" system. I could just see someone taking "Seasickness" as a disadvantage for the points.

I got an E-mail from someone who was a little shocked that I used swear words when talking about pirates, saying that it was unprofessional for me to refer to my customers using those words. My reply was fairly simple. Pirates are to customers as rapists are to people in consensual relationships. Both are getting what they want, but only one deserves any respect whatsoever.

If you also want to install the Yahoo! toolbar, an RTM version of Internet Explorer 7 is currently available. Personally, I'm waiting for the official release.

2 comments:

Sarkie said...

You can extract IE7 Final from the Installer, if you like :)

Plus as Morgan said they aren't customers, if they don't give you any custom...

Sarkie said...

IT IS RELEASED:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx