October 3, 2005

Quake 4 Gold

Congratulations to Activision and Raven for getting "Quake IV" out the door.

I managed to spend some time with the single player game back at QuakeCon, and they've done a very good job of immersing players in "Quake II" universe. As for the multiplayer, it felt like a refined version of "Quake III: Arena."

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what the mod community does with this one. I'd love to see the "Team Arena" role powerups implemented, as well as some large-scale terrain maps for machines that can handle it.

Anyway, I'm picking it up on the day it comes out. I have to have something to torture-test my new machine with.

Update 10-07-2005, 9:55am: Evidently, the "Arena CTF" mode does include "Team Arena" role powerups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alrighty - so when do we get Rom's View (TM) of the Holiday Release lineup?