February 7, 2017

Nightmares

I need to get back to having nightmares about work.  At least something productive comes from those.

Last night, I had a nightmare about becoming a brain in a jar.

I was marched down a long hallway and when I got to the room at the end, someone behind me injected me with something that caused immediate paralysis.  I was slowly lowered to the floor while panic was setting in.

Shortly after reaching the floor, I felt a sharp pain and I felt like I couldn't breathe and that my heart was stopped.  Having my vision shift so that I was looking down on my decapitated body quickly led to further panic.  It was followed by a brief sensation of pressure on my skull and then...nothing.  No external stimuli whatsoever.  Just me, alone in my own brain with my thoughts.

A fate worse than death.

No comments: