September 19, 2015

Toilet Oddity

I was at the airport earlier today and needed to use the restroom.  There was a single stall open, and when I went in, I noticed that the seat was soaked.  "Damn," I thought, "I hate it when people piss on the seat."

I grabbed a lot of toilet paper and cleaned off the seat as best I could.  I did my business, stood up, and noticed that when the auto-flush triggered, it caused a ton of water to splash up out of the bowl onto the seat.

I simultaneously felt three things.  First, I felt guilty for blaming the previous occupant for pissing on the seat.  Second, I felt disgusted because it was obviously a lot worse on the seat.  Third, I felt astonished that a toilet could fail that spectacularly at doing what it was supposed to do: dispose of waste.

To keep this from happening to you and your fellow man in the future, lift the seat before flushing.

There's your moment of WTFery for the day.

No comments: