July 27, 2007

Ugh...

Nothing is more depressing in software development than hitting all your deadlines and then having your product stopped in its tracks due to an external dependency.

Twenty minutes ago, I should have thrown the switch on the new multicurrency system, but due to a hitch with an external partner, I'm stuck here twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the them to finish dotting their "I"'s and crossing their "T"'s.

Blech.

Of course, the coming 96 hours are going to be fun in and of themselves. I'm the support back home for a conference that's going on in a different country, which means that the vast majority of my last week with my granddaughter is going to be spent stuck at home next to a laptop VPN'ed into our network.

I guess it could be worse. I could still be working for JagTech. (Still haven't seen dime one from them...)

No comments: