January 10, 2005

Circuit City Take 74...

It's no secret that I detest Circuit City. They've treated me and my family with such disrespect that I literally loathe dealing with them. However, I feel compelled to share this story.

Today marks my one-week mark alone down here in Dallas. Yvonne is still up in Layton finishing up the packing, etc. She felt kinda bad that I didn't have a TV, so she called up Circuit City and ordered me a television set on Wednesday.

The TV was supposed to be delivered on Friday between 12 noon and 2 pm. I could not be there during the delivery window, so I left a note on the door telling them to go to the office to be let in, and I signed a key release with the apartment complex I live in. I also signed a key release for Comcast to come in and set up my digital cable and broadband. (Computer is supposed to arrive today.) When I got home on Friday, there was no TV. I had cable, though. Also, the note was still on the door.

I called my wife, and she called Circuit City. They told her that it had been delivered. She was thinking that it was stolen from our apartment. I was thinking that a CC employee stole it. I called them on Saturday, and they said they told her incorrectly. I asked when they could deliver it, and they said it would be delivered "on Sunday." No time window, just "on Sunday."

Now, I'm a patient man, so I said, "Okay, I'll be home all day on Sunday." I got up before 7am, showered, got dressed, ate breakfast, and started waiting at 7am. I was thinking that the longest I would have to wait would be 4pm, and then I'd be free to go take care of my shopping and exploring.

Well, 4pm came and went. At quarter after ten, I decided that they weren't delivering, and went down to the grocery store.

So, I'm getting ready to call Circuit City now. Any guesses as to what they may say?

No comments: