August 10, 2004

Damn Connection Problems/Stream Of Consciousness Blog

At home, I use Qwest DSL Deluxe, and for the last four days, I’ve been getting extremely sporadic service.

 

Normally, I can ping my DNS servers in less than 10ms.  Right now, it takes over 340ms just to ping my DNS server.

 

To view any web page, I have to hit refresh 10-11 times.  Needless to say, this makes the morning “site roll” a major pain in the ass.

 

Every morning, I have 108 webcomics I view, 7 news sites, 4 development sites, and 3 gaming news sites.  Normally, this takes me about 40-45 minutes.  Lately, I’ve had to split it into sessions.

 

This wouldn’t be so bad if Qwest would provide decent services normally, but I’ve had nothing but problems with Qwest over the last ten years of service.  If there was any legitimate competition in the area, I’d jump in a heartbeat.

No comments: